The passion and pride of working in the world of tea are what drive our constant evolution, and what have allowed us to offer the framework of service and care that this highly appreciated product with over 2,000 years of history deserves. Since 1990 our knowledge and experience has been geared to the quality of our products, which we treat with respect and meticulousness.
We never sacrifice the quality of the tea because quality is an essential part of the soul of Tea Shop.
1. Our close cooperation with international dealersallows us to selectthe best cropsand plantationsin the world whereteais harvestedmanually; this careful selection ofonly the youngand tendertealeavesproduces higher qualityand freshness.
2. The production processes at source are assessed to ensure fair treatment of both the environment and the people who work in it. This relationship with growers and dealers gives us a competitive advantage in obtaining the best selection. 3. We use specific, controlled ingredients for each of our formulations of teas with flowers, berries and flavours. The basic teas are of the highest quality and specific to each blend. In the combination we use natural flavours and identical flavours to the natural ones, which gives our blends their characteristic fresh and lasting touch.
4. Our modern blending and packaging systemin double layer heat-sealed envelopes, ensures the freshness and quality of our product at every step of the supply chain. We package our teas for distribution in maximum quantities of 1 Kg, designing storage and transportation processes based on the fragility of the leaves to protect their integrity from the source to the consumer. 5. In our shops tea is stored in corporate cans, specifically designed for this purpose, ensuring the necessary cool and dry environment. The packaging for retail bags is triple layer, the inner one being made of rice paper to accommodate the tea leaves in the most comfortable way.
6. All these processes are controlled following strict EU standards. In addition, our traceability system, i.e. batch number for each consignment of tea, ensures tracking from source to final consumption and allows product shelf life and rotation to be managed at the point of sale.
7. As members of the ""Spanish Teas and Infusions Association"" (AETI) we follow the European and Spanish legislation with the appropriate “Health Registry” licences and numbers as tea importers and handlers.
8. We have limited our assortment of teas and infusions to about 120 varieties to optimize their rotation in stores. Our range, the result of serving over 500,000 people a year, has the necessary variety to meet the needs of our customers. This balance allows us to offer our products at their peak of freshness and naturalness.
9. The accessories that we offer for sale, regardless of origin, are fully guaranteed for food use. Moreover, our selection system only accepts accessories which are functionally suitable for use with tea.
10. We believe that the pleasure and satisfaction offered by a good cup of tea is only possible by treating the product with utmost care and respect, hence the high added value our products possess and which distinguishes us in Europe. Our reputation and the loyalty we owe to our customers make our obsession for quality indispensable. Among our range of teas, we offer organic varieties distinguished with labels that guarantee this.
|EU Organic Bio Logo|
RAINFOREST ALLIANCE CERTIFIED™
Our Nilgiri Korakundah Mountain Tea NOP/FOP tea bears the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal and comes from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms in India. To obtain this certification, farms must comply with comprehensive standards for sustainable agriculture that help protect wildlands, waterways, wildlife habitat, as well as the rights and welfare of workers, their families and communities. Buying tea with the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal contributes to a healthier planet and a better quality of life for farming communities. To learn more about the Rainforest Alliance, visit www.rainforest-alliance.org/es.
UTZ stands for sustainable farming of coffee, cocoa and tea with better opportunities for farmers, their families and our planet.That’s why, at Tea Shop, we are counting on our Darjeeling Nagri Garden Tea NOP/FTGFOP1, which, thanks to its good practices, is included in this certification.
When you buy UTZ certified coffee, cocoa or tea you are helping build a better future. UTZ stands for sustainable farming with better opportunities for farmers, their families and our planet. The UTZ program enables farmers to get better harvests, a better income, better prospects and to take better care of their children and the environment. To learn more about the UTZ, visit